I am sitting here in a sorry state. Addicted to my Fitbit, yet eating cake for breakfast. Enjoying a cuppa, yet moving cautiously due to a bad burn from a cuppa. A draining bank account from lock down spending. Has anyone else splurged more than usual lately? I don’t know what’s got into me. The… Continue reading The lock down splurge…
(a snippet of) Chapter 7, Mary Days have merged into weeks when I have felt permanently exhausted, entirely drained. I have felt fidgety as if I want to get outside and do things but the thought of physically acting upon that drives me crazier still, so I have mostly remained here in my room. The… Continue reading a lock down novel: 7
Week 10, 11, 12? I don’t really know to be honest. This week I left the house for the first time since Boris announced we stayed home on March 23rd. It was stranger than I had imagined. I only left to get my MOT! Having waited patiently in an empty reception at the garage, nothing… Continue reading Lock down – an update
11. At risk of sounding big headed, I’m proud. The more I hear about and witness the challenges many people are facing with the current situation of the world, the prouder I feel. It’s kind of gone by me unnoticed how at risk myself and my colleagues are each day that we show up to… Continue reading In a crazy world where good things happen.
9. It was a Thursday. Nearing the end of another crazily manic week and my energy levels were rapidly decreasing. I was starving. Like starving to the point where you forget you’re even hungry? Then all of a sudden it hits you like a wave and you fear you won’t be able to continue on.… Continue reading In a crazy world where good things happen.
8. This is the tiniest little snippet that gave me the biggest boost! Like many, lots of families are getting into a routine of going for their one walk a day at the same time every day doing the same route. In a normal world, this would probably get a tad tedious. In today’s world,… Continue reading In a crazy world where good things happen.
5. It was Saturday morning and I wasn’t hungover. My gosh I can’t remember the last time I was badly hungover. I kind of miss it. I haven’t managed to stay awake for long enough to drink enough to warrant a heavy head in the morning. I divert. Judging by the order list, I knew… Continue reading In a crazy world where good things happen.
3. From about 3pm onward recently I have found tiredness getting in the way of my smile and upbeat enthusiasm. I’m done. It’s as if the business slows along with my energy. It is during this time period when good stories get me through. The other day I was getting faded when a lady came… Continue reading In a crazy world where good things happen.
2. Pasta. Rice. Toilet Rolls. Kitchen Rolls. Tissues in general. Plain Flour. Self-raising flour. Dishwasher Tablets. Fairy Liquid. Hand Soap. Cereal. Granulated Sugar. Icing Sugar. Caster Sugar. Baking Powder. Bicarbonate Soda. Tea Bags. RICH TEA BISCUITS. What next? These are all items that we, in a little shop, have struggled to get hold of. I… Continue reading In a crazy world where good things happen.
1. The world has gone mad. We are living in ridiculous times. However, among all the worry, the fear, the dreadful situations we are hearing about every single day – there are also really good, really lovely stories. For example. The sun is out. I am in the garden enjoying 1 of 2 days off.… Continue reading In a crazy world where good things happen.