I was walking home this morning from some friends who let me stay. My sister has just arrived home from Mayuma and so near to her I do not wish to be! She must quarantine for two weeks and before then she needed my bed. So I had to ask my dear friends if I… Continue reading In all of this breathe in the good and breathe out the bad…
10. I think it’s safe to say – we love our NHS. In my village each Thursday night, the clashes of saucepans and spoons is getting louder. The clapping and cheering takes over. Even trumpets play from windows. We heard the lovliest rendition of Somewhere Over The Rainbow last week, it was beautiful. At work,… Continue reading In a crazy world where good things happen.
As with all of my Covid-19 related posts, I am trying to keep things as upbeat as possible. While I feel I haven’t properly experienced lock down due to being a key worker and work being busier than ever, I fully understand how people can find it difficult. Of course I miss things. I miss… Continue reading Isolation: best of a bad situation 1-3
9. It was a Thursday. Nearing the end of another crazily manic week and my energy levels were rapidly decreasing. I was starving. Like starving to the point where you forget you’re even hungry? Then all of a sudden it hits you like a wave and you fear you won’t be able to continue on.… Continue reading In a crazy world where good things happen.
8. This is the tiniest little snippet that gave me the biggest boost! Like many, lots of families are getting into a routine of going for their one walk a day at the same time every day doing the same route. In a normal world, this would probably get a tad tedious. In today’s world,… Continue reading In a crazy world where good things happen.
7. From the day that panic buying began, work has been mental. Honestly, it’s been like Christmas Eve every day on repeat. Mental. This has meant that my usual writing schedule has flown quite forcefully out of the window. I have gone from chilled, to freaking out, to chilled, to care free and back to… Continue reading In a crazy world where good things happen.
6. We were sitting in the sun, two peas in a pod. The best of friends. The birds were louder than they have ever been. Ever. Maybe it was because there is less noise pollution without traffic. Or the birds are loving the fact that the world around them is less people-y?! We will never… Continue reading In a crazy world where good things happen.
5. It was Saturday morning and I wasn’t hungover. My gosh I can’t remember the last time I was badly hungover. I kind of miss it. I haven’t managed to stay awake for long enough to drink enough to warrant a heavy head in the morning. I divert. Judging by the order list, I knew… Continue reading In a crazy world where good things happen.
4. This is my third post this week. Not bad. It beats my usual record but could be better as a lot of good stories have come out of this week. This week has been a whirlwind. It’s been a week that could have turned out horrendously but actually turned out great. In short, it’s… Continue reading In a crazy world where good things happen.
3. From about 3pm onward recently I have found tiredness getting in the way of my smile and upbeat enthusiasm. I’m done. It’s as if the business slows along with my energy. It is during this time period when good stories get me through. The other day I was getting faded when a lady came… Continue reading In a crazy world where good things happen.